Friday came, June 23, 2017 and what a day! They say the world is round and this observation alone is used to symbolize the ups and downs of life. Since roundness depicts “eternity” so many look at today’s events in this sense.
An Otto Warmbier died last Monday and now he is buried. How the family manages the pain and unfathomable story why a healthy young man has his future before him all in high gear then all of a sudden, is stricken by sickness nobody can understand and now is back to the arms of his family, only to lose him. . . a cycle of injustice that needs restitution, but how?
Look around you and what do we see? different ways of coping with the trials of life. So many bills to pay yet we are never satisfied with the services given to us. We work in order to earn but our needs are never met. So how do we accept the slice of world picture this Day 2? May I suggest the following:
- Count your blessings always. Never take for granted the kindness given to you especially by your loved ones;
- “Pay forward in some way” because it is the path to manifest gratitude for everything that comes your way;
- Plant whatever seedling you have access to. The happiness of seeing the fruit or vegetable is beyond words;
- Exercise and reflect and if possible- say a decade of the rosary or whatever prayer you can readily say;
- Avail of the tv especially cable tv to see the world right there in your living room and offer positive vibes to as many; and
- Begin and end with prayer to your God.